We’ve had an exciting start in Year 3 and dedicated ourselves to learning about the school’s values in interactive and playful ways.
In English, we met some interesting characters and thought about how to create a brilliant character ourselves. We will become experts in developing characters in the following weeks.
The novelty this year is that we will have art afternoons and Maple and Redwood have already started being creative. Oak are looking forward to doing this next week.
- Please make sure PE kits are in school on Monday for the rest of the week. Children without a full PE kit will not be able to take part in the lessons.
- LAMDA will start next week.
- In KS2, snacks are not provided so please provide a healthy (fruits or vegetables) snack for their playtime.
- We will start giving out reading records from week beginning 22nd September, in the meantime enjoy reading for pleasure.
- Please could we remind you to provide your child with a water bottle to have during the school day.
- On Wednesday 18th we invite you to the Year 3 parent workshop: information and expectations for the year. There will be two sessions: 8:45-9:45AM and from 5:00-6:00PM.
We had an exciting and informative assembly about online safety. To find out more information and play the games simply google Be Internet Legends.
Fitzwilliam Museum Trip:
As you will be aware, to launch our Ancient Egypt topic we will be going to the Fitzwilliam Museum on Thursday and Friday. Please ensure that you have given your consent on WisePay, otherwise we will not be able to take your child.
We will be taking the U bus from Eddington to the Fitzwilliam and back to school. There has been an extensive risk assessment conducted for all aspects of this visit and children will be under adult supervision at all times. Each class will be accompanied by class teacher and learning coaches but we also need some parent volunteers. If you are able to support the trip please let your child’s class teacher know by Tuesday.
For Thursday 19th we would need 5 parents per time slot:
For Friday 20th we would need 5 parents from 9:00 to 13:00.
Please let the class teacher know which time slot suits you but be aware that you may not be with your child. Class teachers will confirm with potential volunteers by Wednesday at pickup (end of day).
On the day please provide your child with:
- Water bottle
- Healthy snack (fruits and vegetables only)
- Full uniform and school bag
Furthermore, we would like to invite you to make a voluntary £2 donation towards the cost of the U bus on which we will be travelling. Please ensure this is delivered to your child’s class teacher by Wednesday.
Have a lovely weekend!