This week we focused on the power of kindness and how it can be the best weapon to prevent bullying. On Friday, we took part in an energetic exercise session for Children in Need.
We thought about the difference between conflict, bullying and kindness and shared ways to make our school an even happier place.
In English, we explored the power of descriptive language and started building a bank of powerful words to use in our writing next week.
In Maths we started column addition and have been practising laying out our calculations correctly.
We continued our forest school sessions and we challenges ourselves to build dens.
SPaG: what is the difference between nouns, adjectives, verbs, adverbs? Nouns–Verbs–Adjectives–Adverbs-sheets
- Wednesday 20th November: This year to celebrate Universal Children’s Day on the 20th of November we will be understanding our rights and thinking about children’s rights all over the world. We will be starting our day with an assembly where we will have a guest, Jacob Warn, who will share with us his experiences of leading an education project and working with children in refugee camps in Greece. Jacob created the charity https://www.actionforeducation.co.uk/ and he currently coordinates the projects on the island of Samos. These include ‘The Banana House’ an education Centre for young refugees and ‘The Nest’ a specialised learning environment for 2 – 7 year olds. On this day, Jacob will be collecting any kind donations to bring back to Greece. These will go towards helping children and young people have access to education. We will then be taking part in a music workshop with Jacob inspired by the book Teacup.
- Please remember PE and Forest School clothes (these include waterproof trousers, coat and appropriate shoes like wellies), this is especially important as the days are getting colder and wetter (Maple and Oak on Wednesday, Redwood on Friday). Please could you remind the children to be responsible for their own belongings.
- We will be writing our 1st letter to French children at the European School of Varese.
- No school on Friday 22nd.
- Just a reminder that on Thursday 28th we will be running a spelling workshop. One will be at 8.45-9.45am and one 5-6pm. There is no need to book for these.