We had our final session of forest school this week and we definitely went out with a bang! The title of the blog says it all really, and we even had a few fire starters! We’ve had an amazing time out there this half term and we want to thank Mrs Khan and all of the parent volunteers for making it possible.
In English we are writing the ending to Kensuke’s Kingdom and the ideas we have come up with our so creative! We are including speech, fronted adverbials and powerful verbs and adjectives to make our stories interesting for the reader.
Our brains have definitely been growing in Maths this week! We have learnt about column subtraction with re-grouping, representing this with dienes, as a picture and with numerals. Check out and have a go here: column subtraction with regrouping Journalling column subtraction
In Art we have been working on a project all about journeys and have produced our own artistic book to represent a journey our character goes on.
- Please read next week’s guided reading text. You will find it here: Twas the night before Christmas
- We would like to invite the children to bring in a board game on Friday (20th) morning. Please note that the children are responsible for their own game and all the pieces that come with it.
- Forest school has now finished so the children don’t need to bring in their clothes next week and wellies can go home.
- We will be sending home the children’s PE kits during the course of next week.
- Lots of the classrooms have unnamed and unclaimed uniform. If you think your child may be missing anything please ask your class teacher.